Thursday, January 7, 2010

Improvement

Well, I am very excited to say that I definitly see an improvement with Kenz. She was a little cranky yesterday morning but the rest of the day she was enjoyable to be around for the most part. We went shopping which usually she hates, but yesterday she really seem to enjoy it. For the first time she shopped for clothes that most of her aged girls wear. Yea! I so badly want to help her be as normal as possible and her clothes have always been an issue. I know that should not be a big deal, but when you have no friends and you are in junior high it is a big deal whether we like it or not. So for the past several years I have tried to get her to wear jeans and shop at some of the more"hip" stores with no luck. But yesterday she was wearing her jeans for about the 6th time since she got them over break and we bought shirts at Aeropostle-of course, on sale. She even wanted me to look for clothes and bought me a necklace with her gift card. She just didn't seem so irritable and unhappy. Maybe the new medicine is helping. Again, I am trying not to get my hopes up too high and next week will be the real test. She is starting back to her old school that she left in October to go to the boarding school. I know she is anxious about this and she would rather not have to explain to the kids where she has been. We are still pursuing Meridell, but there is some definite things that have to happen before we can send her. So in the mean time she has got to be in school. She is way too hard to home school and she will just get farther behind. And who knows maybe with a miracle she can stay here. We are still moving forward with Meridell plans but also are not ruling out other options. We have to be open to what God wants not what we want.

No comments:

Post a Comment