Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Sweet Moment

Last night I was blessed with a very sweet time with McKenzie. She was sweet, loving and talkative. She asked me, "Mom, how to do you find a man like daddy who won't leave you?" You see, unfortunately, we have had several friends around us that are or have gotten divorced. I told her that I made sure I only dated Christian men and that your daddy loved and still loves the Lord. And hopefully, if you love the Lord you will follow what His word says. She then said but some of those men that left their wives are Christians and they still left. And I said yes, there are no guarantees in life, but I made sure before I married Daddy that he did not believe in divorce. That seemed to satisfy her, but I thought to myself what a good and profound question. It was the first real in depth calm conversation I have had with her since she has been home. She was the sweet little girl that I know she wants to be all of the time. You see, that is the crazy thing about this disease is that you never know what you will get or when you will get it. Most of the time we walk around here on eggshells. But I am very thankful for moments like those last night and I felt like it is important to share those as well. God is good all of the time, but I got extra blessed last night. That is the best Christmas present I could get. Well, wait a minute, I believe the best Christmas gift was the first one, His precious son. May I remember what He has given me and give glorious praise for that! May you remember Too. His son is the greatest gift on earth. May you have a beautiful and blessed Christmas!

2 comments:

  1. Merry Christmas, Amy, and blessings upon McKenzie and all of your daughters and your husband too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You too, Megan and your family as well.

    ReplyDelete