Friday, December 11, 2009

New Med. Tonight

Well, we have weaned Kenz off the Dapoke medicine and things seem to be fine or at least not worse. In fact, we had a beautiful moment last night that gave her dad and I some hope. She was up with just us last night actually doing my feet with a ped egg(that thing really works-it was cool!) Anyway, we were all talking and laughing. It was so good to hear her laugh. She even said, " I haven't laughed this hard in a long time!"
But this morning we are right back to her being loud, irritable, demanding, and hyper. Today we get to start her on the new ADHD medicine which is suppose to help all of that. The trick is that you have to increase the dosage slowly, one mg. a week until you get to 3 or 4mg. depending on how her body does with it. So it will be a little while before we seem any outcomes from this med. It also could make her tired so I am going to give it to her at night so we will start it tonight. I am hopeful but do not have too high expectations. She is so complex and her other meds. could cause a problem with this new med. so we have to watch her closely. Also, I am not sure we have anything that treats her anxiety. This is why we need a good psychiatrist. On that note, a friend of mine read this and has given me a name which I am very thankful. I plan on calling today. Hopefully, we can get in sooner rather than later. In the mean time, we are still working on plans for a school and the time line of all of it. I will keep everyone posted as we know more.

No comments:

Post a Comment