Thursday, March 11, 2010

Appointment Today

Sorry I haven't written in awhile. I have been sick this week with a sinus infection and have not felt good at all. When I have had a minute to myself I have wanted to rest not type. Anyway, I am feeling better and today we went to the therapist appointment. I was very impressed and have great hope again. I hope that it will not be crushed once again. We shall see but for now I do have hope. She believes that she can truly help transform Kenzie from the inside out. The approach she uses is called the Nurtured Heart Approach. I have a book and I can't read it fast enough. The only thing I am a little leery of is that it talks about medication not being good for kids cuz it tells them something is wrong with their brain. Well, in my opinion something is wrong with their brain and they do need medication. But I am not going to let that get in my way of reading it through and then trying the approach. She says that if she took her son to a psychiatrist he would probably be diagnosed with bipolar, anxiety, and ADHD too. And she says this approach works with him. So I will try anything. We are desperate and if it helps her feel good about who she is then that is awesome! And I am not planning on taking her off any medicine. Her doctor is the one who recommended this therapist and has highly wonderful things to say about her. I am going to ask about the medicine piece next time we go. She is on vacation next week so Kenzie will go the 26 of March to meet her and then she will come to the house the following week. I will let you all know more after I have tried what the book says to do and after I read more. Thanks everybody for praying for us. I do really like this lady, and hope is good.

1 comment:

  1. I am sorry you were sick. I was sick too with a sinus infection! I am glad this therapist seems to be so committed to helping you all. I would be leery of a book that was antimedication, but I understand how sometimes people have good things to say even if we don't agree on every point. I guess having seen how unable Caroline is to be "normal" without meds, no matter how much we tried other things, has shown me that some problems are truly 99% chemical in nature and no amount of "therapy-only" can do the trick. I hope that the right therapy and med mix can be found for McKenzie quickly.

    ReplyDelete