Sunday, June 20, 2010

Forgot her Medicine and...

...we all payed for it.
Yesterday was the last dance recital for Kenzie. It was the fourth day in a row that I had to do her hair and make-up. Needless to say I was not very patient. However, she was great all three days. But yesterday she forgot to take her vyvanse which is her ADHD medicine. It seems to be when she does not have this medicine her mind is flying with thoughts and she can't focus or get motivated to do anything. Then if you add on stress we usually have a meltdown because she just can't handle it. Well that is exactly what happened. Not a pretty sight. I was so mad at her for not listening to me and taking it when I told her to. Of all days! All of that upset could have been prevented. She is almost fourteen years old. When is she going to be responsible enough to remember to take her meds? And doesn't she realize that when she does not have them she usually has some sort of meltdown and causes stress and havoc to the whole family? However, she did pull it together, did almost all of her make-up by herself(because I refused to do it), and made it on time to the recital. I also calmed down, enjoyed the recital, even cried during her ballet number. She is such a beautiful dancer. As I watch her I am in awe and can't believe one that she is mine and two that she has any issues at all. She becomes another person at that stage and for that I am so glad. Then I got to go out on a date with husband. It ended up being a good day after all. Then today she fixed her daddy breakfast all by herself. She has done all of her chores without complaining and even organized her desk. She is so unpredictable, but I am very thankful for all of the good today. For all of the fathers out there have a Happy Father's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment